Who's Who: Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing
Teacher of the deaf/hard of hearing (posted 2/16/10)
Cristi Mercedes Saylor, M.S., M.A., D/HH Itinerant Teacher
View parts 1, 2, and 3 below on this webpage, or click on the lower right hand corner of each video for fullscreen or to watch on YouTube.
Part 1 (Video length: 5:43)
- Are there different names and/or acronyms for your discipline?
- Can you describe your role and responsibilities when serving students who are deaf-blind?
- What is unique about your discipline as compared to other related disciplines?
- What knowledge and skills do you think you bring to a student's educational team?
Part 2 (Video length: 9:56)
- Do you do anything differently when working with students who are deaf-blind?
- Do your services vary on students' age? And if so, how?
- When sharing your expertise with educational teams and a student's family members, how do you make sure your goals and activities are integrated into a student's home and school life?
Part 3 (Video length: 7:26)
- Are there any misconceptions about your discipline that you'd like to clarify?
- Is there anything else you'd like to leave us with before we end?