9/12/09 Spanish Workshop: How to Access Services for Children with Special Needs in Tough Economic Times
California Deaf-Blind Services in collaboration with Miller Children's Hospital Family Resource Center at Long beach Memorial present a Spanish workshop:
“How to Access Services for Children with Special Needs in Tough Economic Times
Presenter: Matthew M. Pope, Disability Rights Attorney
- For: Family members and professionals of children and young adults with visual and/or hearing problems and who may also have additional disabilities
- Participants will learn: Basic information about the main agencies that provide services and supports to families and their children with special needs.
- Specifically presenter will share: Information about several agencies including their different cultures, eligibility criteria and specialized language
- Place: Millers Children’s Hospital at Long Beach Memorial
- Address: 2801 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach, CA 90806
- Room: Board Room (ground floor)
- Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009
- Time: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
For information contact:
- Myrna Medina: Family Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gloria Rodriguez-Gil: Educational Specialist - email@example.com
- or you can call them at 1-800-822-7884
Basic childcare will be provided. This training is provided at no cost to participants. Please register ASAP. Childcare services are limited.
[view Spanish version]
* Please register online by clicking on the button below. *