THANK YOU to everyone who joined us for our weekly training series on Tuesdays Sept — Dec 2020 and the 2nd series from Feb 9th — April 27th!
Please visit the Weekly Training Activities page for links to recordings of the weekly training activities we did for 2020-2021.
For more information, please contact any member of our CDBS team:
Building Peer Partnerships through Information Provision
The Art of Persuasion and What We Can Learn from the World of Sales
Confidently Engaging Yourself into Your Community: Lessons from “The Feeling Through Experience”
Central Auditory Processing Disorder: The Hearing Equivalent of CVI Risk Factors, Features, and Strategies
Looking for Training Activities During School Closures?
High Quality Professional Development Available at No Cost!
Attention paraeducators, administrators and other educational service providers: During this unprecedented time of California school closures, CDBS reminds you that the Open Hands Open Access intervener training modules are available for self-paced, customized professional development. While designed for intervener training, the Open Hands Open Access modules are also being used by teachers, related service personnel, family members, and university-based teacher training programs.
There are 26 web-based Open Hands Open Access modules grouped into five categories:
Impact of Deafblindness on Learning
- An Overview of Deaf-Blindness and Instructional Strategies
- The Sensory System, the Brain, and Learning
- Building Trusted Relationships and Positive Self-Image
- Availability for Learning
- Concept Development and Responsive Environments
- Introduction to Orientation and Mobility for Interveners
- Touch for Connecting and Learning
- Understanding Communication Principles
- Emergent Communication
- Progressing from Non-Symbolic to Symbolic Communication and Complex Language
- Touch for Connection and Communication
- An Introduction to Sign Language and Braille
- Routines for Participation and Learning
- Intervener Strategies
- Social Skills and Peer Relationships
- Maximizing Vision and Hearing
- Accessing the Curriculum and Environment
- Behavior and Environmental Supports
- Orientation and Mobility in Everyday Routines
Preparing for Adult Life
- Transition to Adulthood and Community Living
- The Role of the Intervener in Educational Settings
- Collaborative Teaming and Family Partnerships
- Values, Ethics and Professionalism
To access Open Hands Open Access, go to: https://www.nationaldb.org/products/modules/ohoa/
For more information, contact CDBS Project Coordinator Maurice Belote at email@example.com or leave a voicemail message at 415-405-7558.
New area for online resources and ideas!
UPDATE — Aug 2, 2021The CDBS / SFSU
The contents of this website were developed under a grant from the US Department of Education, #H326T180015. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the US Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government. Project Officer, Susan Weigert.